This error is caused by the Nero Update service being unable to be configured due to the permissions of the installer.
In order to resolve the problem, please follow below steps:
1. Check whether the user has administrator rights to configure the entire operating system service. Please check the screenshot "neroupdate Service.png" to see if the user has the right to stop the service.
2 If you can stop the service, try installing your Nero Product again to see if the issue is gone.
3. If these two steps still can’t resolve the issue, please download the file in "delete_update_service.zip"from this link: https://cat.nero.com/index.php/s/S66IUIt207KroG5 .
4. Extract the file to your local drive and exceute the batch file with administrator rights to remove the service.
5. Check if the service has been removed from your operating system. If not, please find the "service.log" from your desktop and send back to us for further analysis.
(Note that the operating system must be restarted if there is a restart request after the service has been configured.)
6. Try again to perform the installation